FAQ About J-1 Visa

FAQ About J-1 Visa

FAQ about J- 1 Visa

  1. What is J-1 Visa?

J-1 Visa is a non-immigrant visa given to participants in the US Department of States Exchange Visitors Program. This visa intends to increase the mutual understanding between the citizens of the US and other countries utilizing education and culture. This visa is provided for various types of programs like an internship, training programs, visiting teachers, students, and scholars. Each category has its requirements and time duration. Upon completion of their programs, all visa holders must go to their native countries.

  • What are the documents and information required to prepare for the J-1 Visa application?

The documents needed for a successful J-1 visa application are,

  • Copy of Degree certificates
  • Resume of the applicant
  • Copy of passport
  • Detailed information regarding the host company
  • Training or internship plan
  • Financial support information
  • Information about the insurance
  • Tax returns of the host company.
  • How long will it take to obtain a J-1 Visa?

It is a multi-step process, starting with preparing the application, submitting it to Exchange Visitors program for review and approval, then a visa stamping interview process. On the whole, it will take up to 4- 6 weeks.

  • Is there any grace period to legally stay in the US after the Visa expires?

There is a grace period of 30 days to legally stay in the US. It is always necessary to confirm the grace period with the host company, legal representative, or the program sponsor. 

  • How long does a J-1 Program last?

The internship program will have a maximum duration of 12 months and training programs with a maximum duration of 18 months. According to the program, the duration may vary.

No Comments

Post A Comment